Thursday 30 April 2015

Mourinho: Every team wants to be like Chelsea

A second-half comeback saw the Blues beat Leicester City and the Portuguese was full of praise for his team, who are one victory away from championship glory.Jose Mourinho believes every team wants to be like Chelsea after they moved to within three points of the Premier League title.

Second-half goals from Didier Drogba, John Terry and Ramires saw the Blues come from behind to beat relegation-threatened Leicester City on Wednesday night.A win against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge on Sunday will seal a first league title since 2010 and Mourinho once again brushed off the recent accusations that his team are boring."I think it’s phenomenal what [the players] are doing, top of the league since day one, it’s not easy," he toldSky Sports."To play against a team that is having a fantastic run, winning 12 points out of 12, playing at home, [with] big enthusiasm, self-confidence, to be losing at half-time, come in the second half and to do it the way my boys did it, I think it’s fantastic."I know what I feel in relation to the work in the last two years, and with the work these boys are doing since pre-season day one, so I don’t need other people to recognise what we are."I know exactly what we are and I think, in a very pragmatic way, we are what every team would like to be."Chelsea have led the Premier League standings since the end of August and Mourinho called on the home supporters to push his team over the line as they look to clinch the league crown on Sunday.He added: "I think it was a very good performance, a very good victory, and now I think Stamford Bridge instead of celebrating, Stamford Bridge has to be ready to push the team next Sunday."We need to win and we need Stamford Bridge not to be celebrating the title, because we do not have the title, we need Stamford Bridge to push us strong to the three points we still need."

No comments:

Post a Comment