Sunday 31 May 2015

Tearful Klopp: Dortmund exit so hard to deal with

The BVB boss has bowed out with a defeat in the DFB-Pokal final to Wolfsburg and he admits he is finding it hard to keep his emotions in check.Jurgen Klopp conceded his emotional farewell as Borussia Dortmund boss with a 3-1 DFB-Pokal defeat against Wolfsburg brought him to tears.Having previously announced his decision to depart the club this summer, the fixture was the last in charge of a side he has led for the last seven years and he admits the experience has been a psychological strain.I feel below average, he admitted after the game.
I am working very hard with to keep my emotions in check. Every time I hug a player, the tears come because I know this is the last time I will hug him. I am grateful for seven years I’ve had here too. I have to deal with it one step at a time and I will do that once there is no camera pointed at me.The 47-year-old coach, who has been linked with a move to Liverpool and AC Milan this summer, believes the loss was somewhat unjust.Against opponents who are this good on the counterattack, we did many things right, he said. But we had no luck in our actions. One of the toughest challenges in life is to deal with defeats. I credit Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking, I credit the guys, I credit Wolfsburg. But it was an unlucky defeat today.Klopp endured much success as BVB boss, including two Bundesliga finals and runners-up spot in the Champions League, but leaves on the back of a disappointing campaign in which his side only secured Europa League football on the final day of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment