Sunday 31 May 2015

Walcott: I'm sure my Arsenal future will get resolved

The 26-year-old scored the opening goal in the 4-0 rout of Aston Villa at Wembley in Saturday's FA Cup final and adds that this will be a springboard for greater success.Arsenal forward Theo Walcott believes his future at the club will be resolved soon and says their FA Cup win has to be a stepping stone to greater success. The Gunners retained the FA Cup with a comprehensive 4-0 win over Tim Sherwood's Aston Villa, with Walcott scoring the opening goal.However, the 26-year-old has been linked with a move to Liverpool and Chelsea, but he says he feels he'll sign a new contract this summer.Speaking at the club's trophy parade on Sunday, he told reporters: "I'm sure things will get resolved. I just want to enjoy today. I've obviously got England coming up and then I'm sure we can think about that process. It'll take time.
I have the belief in this team, the manager does. Each player's got to trust in each other now as well. This has got to be a stepping stone even more so now to challenge for the title. That's the ultimate goal. That's what everyone wants. These fans; we need to do it for them. They've been waiting a long time and they enjoy these moments like every player does.I haven't really watched the goal. I have recorded it at home. I'm sure me and the old man and my family will be watching it quite a lot.Walcott's strike followed up his hat-trick against West Brom last weekend as Arsenal cruised to their 12th FA Cup win, and he paid tribute to the club's supporters as he spoke of another year of improvement under Arsene Wenger. I can't thank the fans enough, he added. They made this happen. The players, everyone that's taken part in the FA Cup final has contributed. We just showed it's been a great success this year. It's been a step up. To finish third and win the FA Cup in consecutive years. We want more and more of this.Even with the weather being terrible, as you would expect [the fans have turned out for the parade]. It just shows the amount of support we have, across the whole country and across the world. It's amazing to see. I can't thank them enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment