Saturday 6 June 2015

Evra: I will shake hands with Luis Suarez

The Juventus defender says he expects no repeat of the moment the Uruguay international snubbed him during their racial abuse feud.Juventus defender Patrice Evra says he will shake hands with Barcelona’s Luis Suarez in Saturday’s Champions League final.The two were embroiled in a race row during their time in England when Suarez was found guilty of racially abusing the then Manchester United defender during a clash with Liverpool at Anfield.Suarez was handed a ban but, upon his return, caused more controversy by snubbing Evra in the pre-match handshakes.I will shake his hand – I am a professional,” the Frenchman told Sky Sports.Like I’ve said many times, I’m proud of my colour and it doesn’t matter.
I’m playing against Barcelona, I’m not playing just against Luis Suarez.Every player in the team, they will feel me, because I will play a really important game.Evra also revealed his surprise at the workload expected of players in Italy, insisting he has never felt better.It was a shock at the beginning because, to be fair, I did not expect the way Juventus Football Club were working," the 34-year-old added. "They work really hard.I think the training sessions are more difficult than the game. In pre-season I remember the manager [Massimiliano] Allegri always asking me ‘Pat, are you OK’ – I was always saying ‘for the moment I’m still alive’. And it was true, because it was difficult. I’d never worked so hard in my life.It’s a great experience because, even for my age now, I feel like I’m more powerful than when I was younger. I qualify myself like a bottle of wine – the more I get older, the more it tastes sweet!”Both Juventus and Barcelona are on the hunt for a treble after both earned domestic league-and-cup doubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment