Friday 15 January 2016

Lacazette: I am ready for summer Premier League move


The Lyon forward has ruled out a January move and has warned he will not go to a club just to sit on the bench.Alexandre Lacazette says he wants to move to the Premier League and feels he will be ready to play in England this summer.The Lyon forward was strongly linked with a transfer to England ahead of this season after a stunning 2014-15 that saw him score 31 goals in all competitions.The 24-year-old says the speculation did unsettle him at the time but that he is now keen to move to the Premier League, although he warns he is not willing to sit on the bench.“Now I am used to dealing with all the rumours. But when they started, maybe two years ago, I was destabilized a little by it,” he told The Telegraph.“But now I am used to it. For me, it’s not so hard because I was not ready [to leave] two years ago or even last season.“I was not ready then and my goal is not to go to England for the sake of going to England and I don’t want to go to a club and sit on the bench.
“So at that time it was not hard for me to stay here. It was a question of waiting until I was ready and I am now ready this summer.
”However, Lacazette insists he has no interest of moving in the January transfer window as he still has ambitions he wants to achieve with Lyon."I will stay at Lyon in January," Lacazette added."I have some personal objectives to follow from now until the end of the season. Then at the end of the season we will see. I will speak about staying or not at Lyon.“The first goal is to improve the position of the team and make sure we finish in second place and qualify for the Champions League. The second objective is more personal, it is about scoring goals."There is no formal agreement that I will go but the president [Jean-Michel Aulas] knows that it’s a possibility that I will leave Lyon at the end of the season.“It won’t be difficult [to leave] but it will be something special, weird – not weird in a bad way but because I have been at Lyon all my life, 24 years.“I love Lyon and have only known Lyon, so obviously it will be a big change if I do go but a change that I am ready for and one that will be good for me and my career. It would be the end of one life and the start of another exciting one."

No comments:

Post a Comment