Friday 29 May 2015

Navas: I'll stay and fight for Real Madrid place

The Costa Rican goalkeeper is keen to remain at the Santiago Bernabeu despite only making 11 appearances in his debut season.Keylor Navas says he will continue to fight for a first-team spot at Real Madrid despite having spent the majority of 2014-15 playing second fiddle to club captain Iker Casillas.The 28-year-old goalkeeper arrived at the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer of 2014 from Levante but was limited to only six La Liga appearances and five starts in cup competitions during his first campaign at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Yet the Costa Rican insists he is happy to remain with the 10-time European champions even if another keeper is signed this summer to strengthen Madrid’s resources.We already have three goalkeepers of a high level but if another one comes in I will take it calmly and will continue to work at 100 per cent,” Navas told reporters in Costa Rica.I want the club to trust me and to give me the opportunity to fight for my place. I have always seen myself as a Real Madrid goalkeeper and have never doubted my ability. I will continue to fight to reach my targets with humility.He added that he simply has to keep working hard to prove himself if he is to usurp Casillas and gain a regular place under Madrid’s new coach following the departure of Carlo Ancelotti.I don’t feel I have to change anything, I will continue working as before. You always want to start games, and my dream has not changed.When you work for something it will eventually happen and it will be lasting, whereas when things are easy they do not always hold the same value.Obviously I want to be a starter and to win things with Real Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment