Sunday 31 May 2015

Walcott: It's Premier League title time for Arsenal

The England international says the Gunners are "very close" to winning the title and feels the current squad is the best he has played in during his time at the Emirates.Theo Walcott says Arsenal now plan to win the Premier League title after retaining their FA Cup trophy with a 4-0 victory over Aston Villa at Wembley.The 26-year-old scored the opening goal as the Gunners eased to a comfortable win with Alexis Sanchez, Per Mertesacker and Olivier Giroud also on the scoresheet.Victory means Arsenal are now the most successful team in the competition having recorded their 12th FA Cup win and Walcott says the Gunners must now kick on and claim the title.
We are very close to winning the title. We just need to start well. I've been here for a long time and this is one of the best squads I've been part of, he told BBC Sport.We should be achieving much more. That's two FA Cups, Premier League is the next big target.Arsene Wenger opted to start Walcott ahead of Giroud for the final and the attacker has thanked his manager for keeping faith in him. It's amazing. Any win is fantastic. The manner we did it today was great. We played great football, kept a clean sheet, he added.We always knew if we kept a clean sheet we'd score goals and win the game. I've got to thank the manager for having the faith in picking me and repaying him but this team is blessed. It's got to be many more next year.I missed this. I was at home, on FaceTime. To be part of this today is a dream. My family's here. I've worked so hard like the staff and the players. I want to thank the physios and everyone's that looked after me but this is massive for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment