Sunday 31 May 2015

Wenger: I have the hunger to continue at Arsenal

The Frenchman expressed his desire to stay on at the club after guiding his side to a record 12th FA Cup triumph at Wembley by the biggest winning margin in 21 years.Arsene Wenger says he still has the hunger to continue at Arsenal after watching his side retain their FA Cup trophy with a 4-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley.The victory sees the Gunners boss become the joint most successful manager in the competition's history with six trophies, alongside former Villa boss George Ramsey.
Wenger - whose future has been the subject of some speculation throughout 2014-15 - insists he would like to have the chance to claim the record outright while with the Emirates club.I have two more years left on my contract, he told BBC Sport.I will just sit down with my directors and see how much they believe and trust in me. My hunger is great but I want to do well.Wenger said that the latest addition to Arsenal's trophy cabinet has proven his side's pedigree, especially after an inconsistent start to the season.It's a continuation of how we've played recently, he said. Overall we have shown again that we're a real team, we've made progress.We can deal with pressure. I would like to congratulate everybody: my staff, the players and the fans, who were great again today. After an indifferent start, the season has finished well so we are very happy.Honestly, I had a difficult week. I had very difficult decisions to make, from the keeper to the centre forward. But when the confidence is good and the spirit is so high in our team it helps. I'm very proud that our club is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment